TaxSlayer Practice Lab
Weblink for TaxSlayer Practice Lab:
Password to use on that webpage: TRAINPROWEB
Learning how to use TaxSlayer
Joining UWFM for the upcoming tax season? Great! Here’s how we recommend getting started with the new software:
- Go to the TaxSlayer Practice Lab homepage. Enter the password: TRAINPROWEB
- Watch TaxSlayer’s video about: how to create an account in Practice Lab -OR- read this instructional guide “Using the Practice Lab” to create your account.
- Take note of what your account username and password is so you’re able to log in to the Practice Lab whenever you want to use it. Write it down!
- We recommend watching Webinar 2 and Webinar 3 to watch how a tax return is put into the new software.
- Then try doing a practice scenario in the software yourself!
Helpful TaxSlayer resources for all volunteers
- TaxSlayerPro VITA Blog – One-stop shop managed by TaxSlayer for finding news about changes to the site software, the Practice Lab, IRS News, and Quality Alerts
- TaxSlayer Tips and Tricks – Last updated by Danute Verikaite on 11.17.2016
Other documents for tax site administrators
- Previously Identified Issues – A chart of issues and their current status, that have been identified in the software by the TaxSlayer Training Development Team. To minimize issue duplication’s, please refer to this document before reporting any issues to TaxSlayer. Reminder- This product does not contain all of the features and capabilities that will be available for the VITA/TCE program in 2017.
- LoginConfigure manual
- Return Preparation Parts I and II
- Tax Return Prep – Part2
- Efiling User Guide
- Installing TaxSlayerPro Desktop